Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fun with the little ones

For the past three weeks we have started visiting a new Orphanage, which has young children from about 3-10 years of age. It has been great fun getting to know these children and playing with them. We have taken many fun things to play with including balls, balloons, bubbles and a parachute and each time have started our time there with a craft. The kids have loved this and each time I have been reminded of just how much we have and how little they have. When giving out foam shapes or pipe cleaners etc. for the crafts they all crowd round to the extent that you cannot move and stick their hand out at you shouting “I want one” or “give me one” over and over, often pretending they didn’t get anything so that they can get more. It is definitely survival of the fittest and truly makes me grateful for everything I have.

















No comments:

Post a Comment