Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Furlough in Scotland

I have been back now in Romania for nearly 2 weeks, after being home in Scotland for a month on furlough. The first Sunday back, I had an evening at my church, to which other local churches were invited and I spoke about my work and experiences here in Romania. I also spoke on my friends radio show on Revival fm and wrote articles for church and community magazines. As well as “the business” side of things, I had fun spending time with my family and friends. I think I gained about half a stone eating out and having coffees and cakes, but I am sure I will lose it again running about with the kids here in the spring/ summer. I missed all the kids and babies here and was really excited to see them. The kids at both orphanages were excited too and I received lots of hugs and kisses from them on my return. They worked hard learning their instruments while I was away and I am so proud of them all. I am now looking forward to seeing their progress over the next few months.




No comments:

Post a Comment