Friday, February 3, 2012

A Scottish Furlough

I have been back from my furlough for nearly two weeks now and in some ways it seems so long ago. I had great time with my parents and friends. I managed a lovely wee visit to Monifieth, near Dundee to visit my friend Mary who bought a wee cottage nearly two years ago, which I hadn’t seen. I met two new wee people, Finlay and Alexander who are both gorgeous and were born since my last visit home. I went to the beach (all wrapped up in winter woollies, I might add) for a brisk walk after lunch with my friend Lorna. A shopping trip with my friend Kirsty to the January sales and many wee cups of tea and lots of cakes, breakfasts, lunches and dinners out with many other friends. I had several opportunities to formally speak about my work here in Romania. Firstly, I spent an afternoon talking to some lovely ladies from Milngavie. On the Saturday before I came back to Romania, Val (who came to Romania on a tenderfoot trip last May for the first time), hosted a fundraising lunch in her home for around 70 people. After a couple of meetings, a BIG shopping trip, and a crazy night preparing Romanian food in Val’s kitchen, the lunch was HUGE success. On the evening of Sunday 8th January, many people from my church and others in the area gathered to hear about my work in Romania over the last year. I know from the conversations I had afterwards, that the stories of the children I work with, touched their hearts. Thank you Lord, for giving me the opportunity to touch the lives of these wonderful children, for your Kingdom. Thank you ALL so much for making my visit home such fun.
Me and my Dad


Lorna and me on our walk at Prestwick beach


A beautiful Scottish Sunset (Prestwick beach)


Colleen (Finlay's mum) and Lynzy (Alexander's mum) and me


Me with Flinlay and Alexander - they are too cute!!


Mary and me



Me and my mum


Diggin' in to some Romanian food


The Romanian fayre!


Wanda, Carole and Val - the 3 chefs!












































No comments:

Post a Comment